Signs that I am in love

Most (famous) bloggers are lonely people. There is no denying that. I am quite well acquainted with a top blogger in Indonesia, and once he confided in me about how he is longing to meet up new girls (even to the point where he asked to be introduced to my own female friends, could you imagine that?), despite the fact that he's the more popular one among girls.

And there is no denying that I am one of those lonely people. I can be surrounded by friends and family and still feel lonely. I don't know what that is supposed to mean - perhaps as a proof of an unsatisfactory life?

But fret not, it's not loneliness that I'm going to write about today.

In retrospect, I can look things more objectively now as I am able to look at my own past feelings from a more detached view... This is one weird ability that I have: Sometimes I could see myself as if I am examining a psychiatric patient.... Does this in anyhow indicate that I have the knacks to become a psychiatrist?

Back to the point, some of these "signs of love" below also exist in most other people, yes, but I do think that the characteristics are mostly unique to myself.

Here are signs to know if I'm in love:

1. Compose poems.

If anyone asks me whether I'm still in love with that former girl or not, I am quick to answer No. And how can I be so sure about that? Because I no longer compose poems... It's as simple as that.

2. Being overtly sentimental in my words and deeds.

I use a lot of flowery and girly language, even to the point of being dramatic. Gee, that's pathetic ain't it?

3. Drop little hints to the girl I like, but not too obvious as not to make her start "playing the expensive card".

Now this is one feature that is mostly present in all the "chases" I've been thru.

4. Absent of foul language.

I refrain from using the F-word or S-word (at any given time) when I'm head over heels for someone. Foul language scares girls out, and I'm well aware of that fact.

5. Listen to instrumental songs more often.

This is perhaps related to point no.2, the sentimental thingy.

6. Take great care of my hairstyle.

I comb my hair more regularly... could you imagine how silly that is? I always hate combing my hair in the first place, because I'm prouder to have the wacky "Harry Potter" unkempt hairstyle instead of that nerdy-looking combed one.

7. Willing to learn new skills I've never tried before.

The last time I was head over heels, I learned how to ride a motorbike. Well I had never wanted to learn motorbike-riding before, but there I was!

8. I'm not myself.

Now if you want to know the real Toshi, this is the right time to see him! Here I tell you now: You'll NEVER see the real side of Toshi when he's in love, because he puts up a sweet and genteel face in front of basically everyone... How pathetic of him, eh?

Anonymous –   – (4 September 2008 at 00:49)  

"Most (famous) bloggers are lonely people. "

The most pathetic is lonely and not famous, hehe.

From point 1-8, those are common things for lover boy/girl usually does, hehehe. But our young age will make it looks alright, I can't imagine a 65-year-old girl does those things when she's in with a boy, masya Allah nek mending ngaji aja deh inget umur, hehehehe.

toshi  – (6 September 2008 at 13:08)  

@yonna: haha iya lah emang gimana ya kalo nenek2 masih single juga :D

btw pas di bali dulu aku punya guru wanita yang sampe skarang udah umur 50an blum nikah juga... kasian yah, padahal bukan biarawati pula (yg brarti ga ada ikatan agama utk ga nikah gt)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP