on University of Indonesia enrollment

As I took a sip in my lemon tea, I asked her, "How did you manage to enter UI? You must be quite smart... You went there with that SPMB (Seleksi Penerimaan Mahasiswa Baru, or New Student Enrollment Selection) thingy, did you?"

Citra replied, "Nah, it was UMB (Ujian Mahasiswa Baru, or New Student Examination). And it wasn't me who was smart... It was a stroke of luck actually"

"Really? So tell me... What kind of test is that UMB thingy?"

"Hmm, let me see... That time I got examined on Maths, English, and General Knowledge. And I scored pretty well on the English section, which was perhaps the reason why I got accepted in the first place, T!" she smiled.

I stared blankly at her for a moment in disbelief.

"Are you sure they tested you only that?"

"Yes, of course. Why? Interested on entering UI?"

"Haha.. not in a thousand years perhaps"

"I knew it... You hate the challenge being too easy, right?"

I only chuckled.

(For information, Citra just graduated from UI last week. She majored in tourism. A bit of googling I did turned out a different fact from what Citra told me, though; where it is said that in UMB one is tested in Maths, English, and Indonesian; with Science or Humanities for different streams in High School.)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP