Your Candle Shorter Than Mine

By Toshihiko Atsuyama
Written on Monday, 2 July 2007


I made a wish to God
To turn back time if it’s possible
Putting your candle and mine at equal length
Yet I know that’s not probable


For the clock is immaterial
With its ticks unreturnable


If only we hadn’t met
All these wouldn’t have happened
You see me as a mere friend
Yet I’m hoping to be someone more


The feelings overflowing from my heart are trapped,
Imprisoned within this tiny receptacle


I just can’t bear it anymore,
They’re nagging me every night
Turning me an insomniac


Truly, I can never confess to you
How will the world see the misfits?
Knowing that term “us” will never make it


Your candle shorter than mine
Surely agonizing for both of us
Even if you are to accept

Margarita  – (5 October 2007 at 23:01)  

Hey, nice posts here. Making me miss blogging...Wish I had more time to do it. Anyway, reading your blog I realized, indeed we, English-speaking bloggers, are a minority here. Cheers, Carmel.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP