Crossing the streets of Ho Chi Minh City

It was January 2005 when I visited this city in Vietnam with my class for a study tour.

Such an unfortunate thing that I do not have any pictures to back my stories, but feel free to Google/ask people around.

All in all, I could say that crossing a street in Ho Chi Minh city was one of the most adrenaline-rushing experiences that I've ever had. It's not that I've done any other before (apart from water-skiing and scuba-diving), but I daresay that Ho Chi Minh's streets are some of the most dangerous.

Bicycles, motorcycles, tricycles, cars, buses, trucks, you name it. Any vehicles are merged into a unison.

And don't forget the pedestrians too, with those wide distance between two opposite pavements, you've got all the right ingredients to create frequent road hazards.

Trust me, I've lived in Jakarta almost all my life. Jakarta's traffic is horrible in terms of pollution and floods and all, but when it's road safety we're talking about, I'd prefer not to glorify those Vietnamese streets.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP