Tree, grove, forest, and Amazon

Tree...

The Kanji (Chinese character) for tree is actually a pictograph of a tree including trunk, branches, and roots as you can see below:

Grove...

The Kanji for "grove" is actually a compound of two adjacent trees of 木 + 木 :

Forest...

The Kanji for "forest" resembles three trees in close proximity and could either be a sum of 木 + 林 or a sum of 木 + 木 + 木 :

Amazon...

Ah, I'm not exactly sure how the Chinese make a character for "Amazon". While the Japanese could make do with their own katakana of アマゾン , the Chinese always have their own freaking distinct way of naming things. They even transliterate their own "Indonesia" into "Yindunixiya" or "Singapore" into "Xinjiapo"...

The Chinese have a kinda...uhm..stupid way of renaming things, don't you think?

(Nah, I ain't being racist up there, because I myself am 1/8 Chinese. Just call me linguicist)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP