Why on earth did God create mosquitoes?

Quote from Wikipedia:

Mosquitoes are a vector agent that carries disease-causing viruses and parasites from person to person without catching the disease themselves..... Mosquitoes are estimated to transmit disease to more than 700 million people annually in [the entire world] with millions of resulting deaths.......Worldwide, malaria is a leading cause of premature mortality, particularly in children under the age of five, with around 5.3 million deaths annually.....

With regards to that fact provided above, I wonder why on earth did God create mosquitoes for. Apparently, Tree agrees with me.

They are constant source of misery for us tropical people (with exception of those lucky weirdoes in Singapore), as we have to spend quite a sum of money on mosquito-repellants, aerosol sprays, and electrical rackets.

I got hospitalised due to dengue when I was 6 and I still hold grudge against them. They are not supposed to live.

Anyways, I think this is a theological question which should be approached as a uniting power for differing faiths. People of various religions should make their effort to open their Bible, Quran, Analects, Hadits, Veda, Tripitaka, Kojiki, and whatever names of holy books you have and do an extensive research to quote verses where those freaky blood-sucking creatures are specifically regarded as non-kosher (or non-Halal; unclean).

It would do some good if the Israelis&Palestinians, Sunnis&Shias in Iraq, Hindus&Buddhists in Sri Lanka could instead join hand in hand in their effort towards eradicating mosquitoes. Take a look at it, we may even create world peace with this common enemy!

Now I could sense some smart-arse bigotry-filled-biologists attempting to make an argument out of this,

"But hey, it's for the balance of ecosystem! Mosquitoes are there so the geckoes could feed on them"

So let me show you another quote from Wikipedia:

Many geckos are kept as pets and will eat various kinds of insects and sometimes fruit.

See?

Our lovely geckoes could still live well with or without mosquitoes .

Once I am in up there (where I hope I could see you my blog readers coming around too), I think the first question I ask God will be,

"God, why did you create mosquitoes for the humanity? Could you make them extinct, pleeeeaasssseeee???"

For the sake of my future descendants, I would beg Him to make mosquitoes extinct. But again, I think someone else must have had requested that. Perhaps that 'someone else' wasn't sincere enough in asking.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP