List of my most memorable songs

Rima gathered 20 of her most favourite songs a couple of weeks back.. Well, she inspired me to write this post today.

The list I have today is not exactly a list of my most favourite songs, but a list of songs which brings back my fondest memories...

(Forgive me for the haphazard arrangement below; they are not arranged in any particular order! Next to each songs' title and singer is the elaboration of which chapters of my life are they intricately linked to in my mind...)

1. I Never Really Loved You Anyway - The Corrs. Of all The Corrs songs that I played in my Singapore hostel's prep room, this was the one that I listened to most often. There was one catchy part "Valentino... I don't think so" which I croon often in the class (coincidentally, Valentino was also the name of one of my classmates) that led many other classmates to hum the song too.

2. The Reason - Hoobastank. This song reminded me of the first Singaporean girl whom I asked for a day out. It was during those Christian camps in late 2004. Don't ask me how it went, I laughed myself out remembering that! The Singapore Idol contestant who came to our school (Nah, not Hady Mirza nor Taufik Batisah) sang it on our school auditorium and for a couple of days afterwards the song stayed in my head over and over.

3. If I Ain't Got You - Alicia Keys. I don't really like Alicia Keys, but this particular song of hers still reminds me of that night when I stayed out with Zhou Chen in Nicholas Heng's house. My senior Erwet also sang this song during that Interact Club inauguration in our school's lecture room. Gee, remember those days?

4. In My Place - Coldplay. The song that I often listen to while Pak Yakobus drove me home to Sanur from my school in Padang Galak, Bali.

5. If You're Not The One - Daniel Bedingfield. I encountered this song for the first time when my cousins came to Bali in June 2004. Those days were the first time I could enjoy Bali as a tourist together with them, instead of a Balinese resident as I always was.

6. First Love - Utada Hikaru. Reminiscent of my Kuta and Nusa Dua walks. Perhaps largely attributed to the fact that I had this song played often during my family outings to the Japanese restaurants of Fukutaro (somewhere along the Sanur Bypass street) and the two Take outlets in Kuta and Seminyak.

7. Easy Breezy - Utada Hikaru. Reminds me of the second semester of 2005 in Singapore, when I studied like hell for the final year exams with this song in loyal company.

8. Exodus '04 - Utada Hikaru. Koko introduced me to this song in late 2004. I was not a big fan of Hikki back then, but I soon got hooked up with this song after listening to the song once during the entire first year of my stay in Singapore.

9. Quando Quando Quando - Michael Buble. Such a sweet song. Brings me back to the days when I first came back to stay in Jakarta (in early 2007).

10. Speed of Sound - Coldplay. Did they really had this song played often in City Hall? Strange, I always got reminded of City Hall, Suntec City and Esplanade everytime I listen to this song...

11. Always - Mai Kuraki. When most of my hallmates left me in June 2004 holidays back to their respective countries (I didn't return to Indonesia as I was low on budget), I had this song played often in my MP3 player.

12. Memoria - Kazuko Hamano. Same reason as for song no.11.

13. Buat Aku Tersenyum - Sheila on 7. Listened to this song oftly when I first enrolled in my school of SLTP Santo Yoseph (aka. Swastiastu) in Jl. Sudirman, Denpasar.

14. First Snow - Kwon BoA. From all of BoA's songs, this is my most favourite.

15. I Will Fly - Ten2Five. Don't get me wrong, I've never been a fan of Ten2Five! Nonetheless, I couldn't help but be reminded of my hostel room in Singapore whenever this song came across. Perhaps attributed to the fact that Boon played this song often.

16. Kulakukan Semua Untukmu - Nadila ft. Fatur. Reminds me of my 6th year in SD Don Bosco Pondok Indah, Jakarta. It was the soundtrack of a sinetron (soap opera) starred by Primus and Tia Ivanka... One of my most favourite sinetron that time.

17. Don't Cha - Pussycat Dolls. I wonder who on earth had altered the lyrics into "Don't cha wish your boyfriend was hot like me?". Was it you, Boon? Well imho, PCD is slightly better than BEP, but no I've never been a fan of PCD too. It was Boon who played this song on his Acer laptop a bit too often that I had it imprinted in my brain like hell.

18. Guilty - Blue. I wonder which freak told me that Blue's songs are only catered for females? This is one particular song that reminds me of my Balinese nights together with my buddies (and her).

19. End Roll - Ayumi Hamasaki. Of all her songs in my playlist, this is my most favourite. I had this song repeated often in my early days in Bali.

20. Graduation - Vitamin C. I daresay that this song brings back fond memories not only to me, but also to other ACSians who sang the song on that last Christmas event we had after my batch's graduation from our hostel.

21. Seberapa Pantas - Sheila on 7. Of all So7's songs, this is my most favourite.

22. Daughters - John Mayer. Ah, this song... Evokes bittersweet memories of a Singaporean senior whom I was infatuated to. I developed a liking to this song after I chanced upon her singing it for her IB band practice. Of all the girls I've been infatuated with, she's the best. She had it all on her: her looks, her brains, her demeanour, her grace, and everything else that a guy could ever wished for. Too bad she had dated a hot hunk in her class, Lolz.

23. I Believe in You - Il Divo and Celine Dion. Reminds me of... what else? Watching the late night World Cup matches with in Hall 2 and Dover market just down the road from my school.

24. Five for Fighting - Superman. My class first sang this song during our social event to that Old folks' house somewhere near Bedok and Tanah Merah. Julz also had it played often in his MP3 playlist, and hence this song pretty much reminds me of my school.

25. Hotel California - The Eagles. Going to the Driving Range with my Dad (located adjacent to the Ngurah Rai airport in Kuta, Bali) would not be complete without this song played in the radio.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP