A new blog as a receptacle for my personal materials

In an effort to gain a wider readership for this blog for internet users inside and outside Indonesia alike, I have finally taken a new step towards eliminating all my personal-related writings in this blog (such as those titled “My Girlfriend Ditched Me” or “The Dog Ate My Homework” or “The Homework Ate My Dog” or “whatever lah) and moved them to another blog instead.

The new blog, which is written in 100% Indonesian, is not going to have any contents worthy of reading, despite still being open to public. There is no need to google it; that blog is not even listed in Technorati, nor am I ever going to submit it to any other blog aggregators, as I do not want anybody else apart from my close friends to read it.

I want to focus this An Ethereal Shard blog for writings that are either I’m personally knowledgeable of or things that I’m able to comment to, such as political scenes and linguistics stuff. Posting personal materials here would only reduce the competency of this blog. I want to follow the footpaths of reputed bloggers such as Jakartass, Marisa Duma, Simon Pitchforth, and Tasa Nugraza Barley, whose writings are informative, witty, and widely quoted in both electronic and written media alike. I know it’s still a long way to go, but if I don’t take such a step now, I may never be able to match them anytime.

Not that I’m bragging here, but it’s kinda funny to see how far the quality of this blog has improved: most of my blog posts in 2005 were written in a mixture of Singlish and Indonesian! Geez, my English was dreadful back then. It’s not that I have perfected mastery in English today, but the thing is; I’m now able to minimise the grammatical mistakes and other stuff which I couldn’t have noticed before.

Actually, there is another, specific reason I made that new blog in Bahasa Indonesia.

I want a particular girl —whom I am infatuated with— to read it. Some of the blog posts there are making subtle references to some of the qualities I see in her. It’s not that she does not have access to this blog, but the thing is; she’s too lazy to read English.

Enough of that, I’m getting too personal here already. (^_^)

Unknown  – (5 March 2008 at 03:14)  

Whoa, congratulations and happy niche-blogging! I'll keep checking on this blog from time to time, that's for sure.

PS: To celebrate this moment of joy, here's an imaginary cuppa latte machiato ..you're gonna need lots of it.

Cheers. :)

toshi  – (5 March 2008 at 11:03)  

halo mbak/kak icha (lbih suka dipanggil mana? hehe),nice to see u visiting this site

umm.. perhaps u misread my post.. the "new blog" i was talking abt isn't this one, but another totally new blog (hosted somewhere outside Blogger). thx for your support anyway.

i'm afraid i hav to refuse the imaginary latte, i'm allergic to coffees :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP