I'm 16

Very young, ay?

But it's true.

Whenever I'm asked my age and I tell them that I'm 20, they always put a questioning face, "Really?"

Once I even jokingly showed my ID to an Army guy whom I just met at the mall, just to prove to him that I really am not lying that I am 20.

I would love to think this is one sort of compensation that God is giving me for the years I spent in idle...because in America, I'm always thought of by people as being several years younger than I really am.

Is it my voice?

Nope, my voice doesn't sound childlike.

Perhaps it is due to the Asian features on my face.

Some of you in Indonesia might think that I'm thought of as being younger due to my body size.

But nah.

In American standards, my body may be categorised as thin, but I definitely am not short.

As I don't have a measuring tape, I don't know how tall I am now. But rarely do I actually meet any boy between 18 to 22 years of age who is significantly taller than I am.

Especially when in church, when the attendees stand up, I can clearly see and count how many people who are taller than me.

Not many, I say.

A friend at work told me about my advantages of looking younger. She said, "When you reach 30, it will be easier for you to get a much younger wife".

I only laughed it off.



Komova706  – (2 February 2010 at 20:59)  

I'm 5 ft 3 inches, having no visible facial hair, and always going to teenager section at a mall to find comfortably fit clothes of my size.

I'm younger than 16 then?

toshi  – (10 February 2010 at 14:16)  

As I said before, it had nothing to do with my body size. There are those who are smaller in both age and height, but still everybody else presume that I'm much younger than them.

Oh well, what can you quote from other ppl? Do they actually say that you are a teenager?

Because I was merely quoting :p

Komova706  – (13 February 2010 at 21:31)  

Do they say such a thing? Hmmm, only a thousand times. But it's ok with me.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP