"The Lord's Prayer" in Sangirese Language

The entire Google search turns up with zero result on the Sangirese language version of this most widely-known Christian prayer, so I've decided to post it here to give it a permanent link for everyone to use it freely. I obtained the entire text from the Manganitu Catholic church in Sangihe Besar Island, North Sulawesi, hence the copyright fully belongs to Vatican.



BAPA KAMI

Amang i kami su sorga, bebatugang areng
Detako kararatuangu, penata elangu

Kebi ku seng naghuanting, kere ikekapulunu
Su sorga lai su dunia, mawu ma kawasa

Alamate elo ini, ampunge dosang kami
Ikami manga lai mengampung dosang sendinganeng

Dorong sirungeng i kami, bou patiku silaka
Kariang kamang su tengonu, mawu dengele i kami

Yuki Tobing  – (28 March 2008 at 11:54)  

I remember when I had an opportunity to visit Israel, I went to the place where Jesus taught about The Lord's Prayer. You can find the same pray in lot of languages, I was glad to find ones in Indonesian and Bataknese.

http://www.sherwintobing.com

Hey, can you activate the feature which enable self-hosted bloggers to comment here? I used my old google ID. haha.

toshi  – (29 March 2008 at 02:01)  

really? wow, that should come as a surprise to most..

however still, Indonesian and Bataknese are only 2 out of the existing hundreds of language that originate here, such as Buginese, Sundanese, Minahasan, Gayonese, Papua Pidgin, etc. I guess more attention is needed for Christian stuff-translation purposes.

self-hosted bloggers? i'm afraid I can't, bcoz doing that would make my blog open to comments by anonymous spammers. for anonymous stuff, u can still choose to comment on the right-hand side of my page :)

Yuki Tobing  – (29 March 2008 at 03:56)  

well, I couldn't recall whether there was one in another Indonesian dialect as well, because it was 11 years ago, haha.

about the commenting system thing, I also had same problem with you before, some retarded spammers just advertise their penis enlargement pills and self-motivated ebooks. problem was solved when I knew blogger had feature which oblige the commenter to input certain word as written down here, you know, the same thing we have to do when making new email account. It successfully blocked spammers.

toshi  – (29 March 2008 at 07:59)  

haha.. ngeganggu banget rasanya, pake word verif gtu.. pake login aja udah ilang koq, spammernya :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP