About Me

I am an introverted kind of person who prefer to spend most of my pastime online. I don't wear glasses despite the fact that I often read while laying down on the couch or my bed.

Some people may think that I have a weird insight to a lot of things, but as a matter of fact, they are correct. I always seek to be freshly radical in most of the things I do or write, because I rarely like to join the mainstream voices as I see fit.

In direct contrast to 99.999% of Japanophiles you can encounter in any parts of the globe, I love Japan NOT because of its anime/pop culture/Harajuku freaks/cosplay! As a matter of fact, I have adored Japan long before I even knew that Doraemon is included as a part of "anime". I love Japan because of the intriguing way the Japanese live their lives in the society, from its barbarian past to its currently Occidentalised culture (because as I had found out, Japan is a much more westernised country than America itself). And this is the sole reason why I have chosen to learn their language.

I am a fan of Warren Buffet, Joanne Rowling, Paulo Coelho, Rachel Maryam, John Mayer, Will Smith, Avril Lavigne, Mariana Renata, VJ Cathy, Il Divo, Ken Hirai, Misa Uehara, Mai Kuraki, Utada Hikaru, Cecillia Cheung, Zhang Ziyi, Junichiro Koizumi, Barack Obama, Vladimir Putin, Steve Jobs, Toma Ikuta, Ueno Juri, Jared Diamond, Confucius, Nelson Mandela, Mahatma Gandhi, Sun Tzu, Kong Hu Chu, and Jesus Christ.

This blog is mainly created as a receptacle for my feelings and emotional upheavals, and as a place where I could share my life experiences in the form of memoirs. I also hope that this blog could serve its purpose to bring Indonesia to the outside world (and vice versa) using English language, the most widely-spoken lingua franca in the world, as its sole medium.

I do my best to update my blog on a daily basis, hence you could always expect something new and fresh everyday.



F.A.Q.

You mentioned that you love Japan not because of its pop culture. Does it mean that you don't like anime, then?

Nah, I still watch anime to a certain extent. But I don't watch any random animes like other Japanophiles do, because I always choose to listen to at least five people's testimonials (and they'd better be good ones) about a certain anime before I can decide to watch it. And FYI, I hate watching girly animes like Tokyo Mew Mew or mecha animes like Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Toshi seems like a virtual alias. What is your real name?

I have my real name somewhere on this page... Find out yourself.

You have lived in a lot of places. Are you a nomad?

As a matter of fact, I am. And I don't think I would settle down in any country for more than a decade at any given time in my life, deriving from my nomaden upbringing. I love my home country Indonesia, but it does not mean that I don't want to try living in New Zealand or England or Japan for a year each...

You are weird!

Sorry to disappoint you, but you're not the first person to say that. Most successful writers start living their lives as weirdos themselves... I just couldn't help not to be one.

Are you single?

Seriously, does it matter?

Are you straight?

Yes, but I don't really mind feigning to be otherwise.

Any hobbies?

Napping, chatting on my IM, watch DVDs, read Wikipedia articles... I also write random stuff on my spare time.

Do you have any e-mails or online accounts where I can add you?

I have an account in Gmail, Yahoo, MSN, Friendster, Facebook, Zorpia, Youtube, Wikipedia, Uncyclopedia, Tolololpedia, Technorati, and Anobii. Some of the accounts I just mentioned are found nowhere in my blog, hence you can ask me directly by writing comment to this entry or giving me your e-mail so I could give you my contact myself.

Can I have your phone number or address?

I have to chat with you in IM for at least two weeks (and like you), before I could decide to disclose such an information.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP