Don't use the words "good" and "bad"

My former English teacher at school once advised me against using those oversimplified words of "good" and "bad". Too elementary, she said.

In retrospect, I concur.

Those two words are created only to help those beginners in English.

Why would anyone want to use the word "good" or "bad" anyway? I don't mean to promote verbosity here but hey, if you happen to have learned English for years (or decades for some) and still use those two elementary words consistently, I am sorry to tell you that those years of yours have been wasted.

In place of "good", you could use any positive-sounding words such as adorable, beautiful, kind, or benevolent.

And you could substitute "bad" with any negative connotations such as malicious, evil, or disappointing.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP