My allergy to Sate Padang

One particular food that I am highly allergic to is Sate Padang.

Well, one may call it a nocebo effect here (which is the reverse of "placebo effect"), but for the sake of keeping things simpler, let's just call it an allergy of mine.

It all started a couple of years back when I was around 11 or 12 years old.

There was nothing fantastic really, apart from the Sate Padang itself that made me (and also Mom and my housemaid) threw up repeatedly in the next two hours or so after we had eaten it.

That particular incident has -till this day- given me the creeps whenever I smell the aroma of Sate Padang... I just couldn't stand it.

I still could tolerate the aroma of coffee to a certain extent, or perhaps Durian which is not rather bad after second thoughts... but no Sate Padang, please.

Anonymous –   – (11 December 2008 at 00:17)  

onde mande Toshi....what happen aya naon sama sate padang emangnya? LOL

so you had a bad memory on sate padang ya? it's yummy actually...depend on the cook and the way he cooks juga sih LOL

i couldn't stand durian...the aroma makes me dizzy.

toshi  – (18 December 2008 at 11:07)  

yep, a lot of ppl couldn't stand durian actually. hehe.

sate padang mah, cium aromanya aja udah mabok deh gw.. :(

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP